When coalminer Davy is seriously injured in a pit accident it makes life very hard for him and his wife Marie. It is 1940 and besides the constraints of rationing, they become poor and I’ll. in desperation, Marie takes a job in a local factory, earning money for her family. She meets the charismatic Tony who had been invalided out of the forces. They fall in love and she feels happier than she has ever been. However everything has consequences and Marie finds herself in a desperate and devastating situation.
- Marie and Davy go through so much together in this book full of twists and turns. I really enjoyed it and feel it is the best-book-to-date by this author.
- A great book which mixes fiction with historical and social values of the time period
- An absolute page turner which you won’t be able to put down!
- A Highly recommended read!
- It is a heartwarming story and a very moving read, I didn’t want to put it down!
- Thicker Than Blood is very much a story of loyalty, bonds and friendship. A highly enjoyable read.